Sunday, May 21, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

I went last night to a late late showing of The Da Vinci Code with a few friends, two of whom read the book, two who are reading it, and two that haven't read it and never will. Personally, I have read the book, but it was some time ago. Still, from what I can remember, they did a fairly good job adapting it to the big screen. Julie had read the book most recently, and she, along with Joe and I, had a huge discussion over everything they had changed.

But overall, I thought it was pretty good. I would definately go see it again and I would buy it. The last five minutes of the movie were so well done, so beautiful and moving... That was probably my favorite part in the book and I was really looking forward to seeing how Ron Howard portrayed it on the big screen. He did good. I can't say what the ending is here, I think, because I don't know if *insert you* have read the book or seen the movie. But if you have done either, you should know what I'm talking about.

The theatre itself was pretty full. There were no protestors, although we had been sort of looking forward to seeing some. The kind of people we noticed in the theatre were odd though. A lot of preppy looking sorts. Not that I don't want them seeing the movie, but I had just thought that more, well, intellectual sorts would be there, not high school preppy kids. The ones in front of Joe even fell asleep during the movie! One kid was messing with his cell phone the entire time. But for the majority, I didn't notice anyone walking out or being upset at the end, so I was pleased that apparently we had an open-minded audience.

1 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Aw! I wanna go!

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home