Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Movies, a Faire, and Plans

It seems forever that I posted...Well, here is a really long list of movies that I have seen recently and my thoughts on them.

The Perfect Man - I watched this last night while I was bored; it was just on tv. Hilary Duff, Heather Locklear. Blah. It was ok while I was watching it but by the end I really didn't like it. My favorite character was the gay guy (that blonde from Queer Eye....what's his name? Carson?) Hilary's movies are definately going downhill.

The Ringer - Johnny Knoxville and a ton of people I don't know. I thought I wouldn't like this. I came in the middle of it while my sister was watching it, and I really enjoyed it, so I had to watch the rest that I missed. Amazingly, I loved it. In fact, I've watched it twice and I still want to watch it. Very surprising for a movie I thought I wouldn't like.

Brokeback Mountain - Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhall. Wow. I wasn't sure what to expect with this movie, but wow. It was amazing. Definately earned it's best picture nomination. The performances are amazing, the movie is incredibly powerful. I feel sorry for anyone who refuses to see it simply because it is "two gay guys." I truly think this is one of the best representations of love in film that I've ever seen.

Crash - Uh, a bunch of people in it. Another that I didn't know what to expect, but damn, it also earned the best picture nomination. I won't say win, because I honestly don't know which one I liked better, Brokeback Mountain or Crash. This film made you think you knew what to expect and then totally went the opposite way, but in a good way. I really felt for the characters and it was such an emotional film.

X3 The Last Stand - Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, etc. Honestly, I thought this was just ok. No better or worse than the other ones. But I have to admit I was disappointed in parts. Angel wasn't in it as much as I thought he would be. And Rogue was really disappointing. (No spoilers!) I mean, it was good, but I don't know. I have mixed feelings over things that happened. Can't really say without giving away stuff that happens.

So I have been seeing a lot of movies lately! In other news, Joe and Heather might be moving into their basement where Joe's mom's room is, and she'll be moving up to his room. But things aren't for sure yet, so wish them luck!

I went to the Greater St. Louis Renaissance Faire Sunday with my mom. I'll also be going this next Sunday with Joe and Heather. It was so great! I have some really good photos that I might post later, but don't be too hopeful. I did dress up this year, rented my costume and bought some medival shoes that are actually quite comfy. We saw lots of great shows and I can't wait to go back this weekend.

Also last weekend, on Sat, the family and I (well, most of us) went out to a resort my mom bought into. It was alright I guess. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is the horseback riding. I've never ridden and I would love to learn someday. We pretty much just drove around, ate lunch and walked a bit, then went home.

Then this next Sat, we're having a huge garage sale that I have to help with, then Joe, Heather and I are all going yard-saleing to accumulate more crap. It will be fun, I think (hope?).

In short, or long, I have been busy! Then coming up in a couple weeks is going to the theatre to see Phantom of the Opera and then Joe's birthday! I'm super excited about going to see Phantom. This will be my first time going to a live theatre show! And I've already bought Joe's presents, I just need to get the one in the mail and then I can wrap it!

Oh yeah, and I've been working too. It seems that everything just decides to happen all at once. My calender is totally blank for weeks after Joe's birthday. And I've already started thinking about the next halloween party! I think I will end this post with a very appropriate quote.

"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home